Mermaids DO exist… and here’s the proof!
This sweet, scaly Mermaid Beastie was a special commission for a long-time blog follower, and was requested by her family as a Christmas gift.
This Beastie project called for extensive research into the latest trends in underwater fashion! So, Mermaid Beastie is sporting a very sylish seashell bikini top…
… And a delicate starfish hair grip, to keep her lustrous locks out of her eyes.
Still, these things hardly prove that this Beastie is truly a mermaid. For that, you’d probably want to check out her beautiful, sparkly tail!
Garter stitch gives her tail its distinctive scaly texture, and eagle-eyed readers will notice strategically-placed seams that will allow her to sprawl seductively on rocky outcrops, rather than sitting bolt upright!
But as we all know, Mermaid Beasties prefer not to stay out of the water for too long. Fortunately, I managed to capture one last shot before she slipped beneath the waves and swam away!
Mermaid Beastie Vital Statistics
- Yarn: Merino and wool blend in Violet Candy and Pearl Grey, with sparkle thread knitted through the tail section
- Hair: Wool and alpaca blend in Chocolate Milk
- Clothing: Hand-stitched and embroidered seashell bikini top made with felt, cotton floss and satin cord
- Accessories: Hand-stitched and embroidered starfish hair accessory made with felt and cotton floss
- Other details: Hand-stitched and embroidered tail fin made with felt and cotton floss