Well, a little exaggeration never hurt anyone… Many thanks to lovely Roma at Cottage on the Green, who has nominated me for one of these:
If you have a minute, check out her blog – it always makes me smile!
Anyway, it seems that I have some work to do before I can swan off down the red carpet and start swigging champagne like it’s going out of fashion. Let’s start with some rules… the first rule of Liebster Awards is that you do not talk ab… no, that’s not right. The rules are:
*Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
*Copy and display the award in your blog post available from here
*Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
*Write 11 random facts about yourself.
*Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
*Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
So, it looks like you’ll be finding out more about me this week. Here goes…
1) Where would you most like to visit?
I’d love to travel on the Trans-Siberian Railway. Not really a destination, but never mind.
2) What item do you treasure most?
It’s a tie between my spiffy fabric scissors, the bookshelves my Dad made for me and the toy monkey I got on my first Christmas.
3) What craft do you admire most?
All of them. Seeing a skilled craftsperson at work is the most fascinating thing, whatever they’re doing.
4) What is your favourite meal?
Pie or sushi. But not together.
5) What is your favourite TV program?
Murder, She Wrote.
6) What makes you laugh?
7) What is the best time of day?
8) Who is your favourite author?
9) What is your favourite flower?
10) What must you do before leaving the house?
About six entirely unnecessary things.
11) Do you wear a watch?
11 Random Facts About Me
1) I can sleep anywhere, apart from on long-haul flights.
2) I hate getting up early, especially when alarm clocks are involved.
3) I brew my own beer.
4) I once worked on a commercial pig farm for a week, to learn where sausages come from.
5) I have flown a plane, but can’t drive a car.
6) I am unbelievably, hilariously bad at singing.
7) I need at least 2 cups of tea a day to function.
8) I still listen to cassette tapes.
9) I would never go to the cinema alone.
10) I don’t really understand the appeal of Twitter.
11) I find it incredibly difficult to compile lists of information about myself.
I’d like to nominate:
…And my 11 questions are:
1) Where would you most like to revisit?
2) What’s the most useful thing you own?
3) What’s your guilty pleasure?
4) Do you tend to arrive late, early or on time?
5) What’s your hot drink of choice?
6) Where is the scariest place you’ve been?
7) What makes you nostalgic?
8) What annoys you?
9) What was your favourite childhood TV show?
10) What item of clothing do you most regret wearing?
11) Yippee! You have an unexpected day off! How do you spend it?
Thanks for reading! To wrap up, I’ll include a picture of some Beasties with the giant box of tea (“Knitting Fuel”) I was forced to buy yesterday… it was either monster-sized Lyons or any other tea, so that decision pretty much made itself.
6 thoughts on “Liebster Award – it’s like Oscars Night all over again! (Sort of)”
I love your answers, I’m with you on the Trans- Siberian railway I suggested it to Beloved last year……you would have thought I’d slaughtered his puppies by the look on his face. I’m off to check out the blogs you have nominated. Congratulations on the award you & your blog are so entertaining & never cease to bring a smile to my face 😀
Aww, thank you! Your question about where I’d most like to visit had me doing some serious thinking… there are so many places I want to visit! At least the Trans-Siberian would let me cross a lot off my to-go list. Hope you get to go yourself someday – what were Beloved’s main objections?!
I think Beloved was worried about being stuck on a train with your truly 😀 don’t worry though when I organised abseiling & white water rafting in Thailand he went a shade of green and conceded the railway will be on our to do list in the future, turned out he loved the adventure holiday after all so it was win win 😀
Thanks for the nomination! Love your Beasties 🙂
You’re welcome! I really enjoy reading about your life and travels in Germany!